Dept. of Statistics and Financial Informatics
The global financial debacle has raised awareness of the importance of professional human resources of mathematical finance. And significantly increasing information with the popularization of information technology requires data scientists with the ability to analyze big data. And the trend of the times that seeks health and longevity requires professional human resources of biomedical health statistics.
The Department of Financial Information Statistics aims at organizing curriculums of financial actuary that the demand for high-quality professional human resources is increasing, big data-centered data science, and biomedical and health statistics fields as detailed major tracks and educating students to make them have knowledge and executive ability to utilize them in sites of each field immediately.
These fields should commonly accumulate expertise and practical capabilities based on the mathematical ability and information analysis ability. So the Department of Financial Information Statistics guides students in their selective completion of next curriculums according to their aptitudes, operates non-curriculums to prepare professional licenses, and concentrates on improvement of the employment rate through the 1:1 learning management and career counseling by professors and students ranging from admission to graduation.
1. Mathematical basics that professional human resources should have in each field and basics of probability and statistics (Compulsory)
2. Road map subject track to obtain professional financial licenses including CFP, CFA, actuaries, etc. (Optional)
3. Subject track to analyze big data that professionally perform big data mining and analyses (Optional)
4. Fintech subject track, the convergence process of financial and information tracks (Optional, Establishment of 'the 2020 curriculum')
5. Biomedical and health statistics subject track for career including biomedical clinical medical analyses, research institutes, pharmaceutical companies, health graduate schools, etc. (Optional, Establishment of 'the 2020 curriculum')
The department program arranged for successive entry into society operates and promotes the curriculum to analyze the big data connected to the Gangwon Creative Economic Innovation Center to extend the utilization fields of big data analyses and secure hands-on practice experience centers. And it supports employment or foundation clubs, builds additional practical English subjects. And it attracts temporary heaping companies related to the major to prepare the extension of field trips and internship places and provides seminars inviting business experts and graduates, career fairs connected to the student support centers, and invited lectures of big data analyses consulting research institutes.
- Students can work in all kinds of state institutions including the Financial Supervisory Service/Insurance Supervisory Board, Banks, Stock Exchange, the National Pension Service, etc. and general businesses that use mobile payment, cloud funding, P2P finance, etc. through the Fintech course, the process combined with the big data analysis track
- Relevant licenses include actuaries, AFPK, CFP, CFA, underwriters, computerized tax, and tax accounting
- Chances of working in the National Statistical Office, Gallup Korea, research institutes related to big data, companies that develop data-based solutions are various.
- Licenses related to data science including management big data analysts, OCP license, survey analysts, etc.
- The selective expansion of the prospects and career is possible through the big data analysis track and convergence curriculums including entering pharmaceutical/new medicine engineering R&D projects, health care medical device industry, clinical research institutes of large hospitals, and health graduate schools by meeting the stream of times that the importance of health and longevity are gradually emphasized in the aging society.