Dept. of Environmental Science and Biotechnology
Today, environmental problems have become a matter of grave concern to us due to the rapid growth of industrialization society. Environmental science has become a field of the very important studies in human life now as scientific techniques for solving this problem have developed at very high speed. The purposes of the major in Environmental Science and Biotechnology are to promote the qualitative improvement of environment by studying and developing various fields of this environmental science and applying them to improvement of global environment, that is, atmosphere, the water quality, soil, the ocean, noise, vibration, and waste management.
The curriculum of the Department of Environmental Science and Biotechnology consists of making students learning basic science including mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology, and then higher levels of subjects necessary for environmental science. The purposes of the curriculum are to fostering the talented persons who can make a contribution to participation in society after graduation by making students experience environmental science through its wide lectures, research experiments, field placement.
The curriculum of the Department of Environmental Science and Biotechnology consists of higher subjects necessary for environmental science. And the educational objectives are to foster talented persons to get students make a contribution to participation in society after graduating from this department.
'Environment' is globally the element that is considered as very important in decision making of various fields. As there is recently a rising interest in climate change, what majors in Environmental Science and Biotechnology tends to continue to increase.
Like this, environment requires high-quality human resources with solid bases and major knowledge as the professional field and wants the talented persons who first approach the worldwide trends.
- Public Officials: Central departments, local governments, environmental technology examination and environmental administrative positions
- Public Enterprises : The Environmental Management Corporation, the Korea Water Resources Corporation, the Korea Environmental and Resource Corporation, etc
- Schools : Environmental teachers, science teachers, etc.
- Companies specialized in the operation of environmental pollution prevention facilities
- Specialized Manufacturer of Environmental Facilities and Equipment
- Companies specialized in the environmental impact assessment
- Companies specialized in the analysis of environmental pollutants
- Consulting companies related to environmental management and business management
- Venture companies related to environment
- Graduate schools of this university and other universities : Related master's or doctoral courses