Division of Nursing
About the department
Education Philosophy of Hallym University
FosteringSince its foundation in 1982, Hallym University has been based on the ‘humanitarianism,’ the educational philosophy of the Republic of Korea. To achieve this goal, Hallym University aims to contribute to ‘individual growth, social development, national prosperity and human happiness’ by ‘fostering talented people with abundant humanity and creative intelligence, and promoting academic and cultural promotion'.
Educational objectives of Nursing department, Hallym University
Foster professional nurses with humanity to establish therapeutic relationship with clients and facilitate well-being of clients through scientific and professional nursing care based on life-respect.
Educational goals and objectives of nursing department
- 1.Provide comprehensive nursing care for patients by understanding them holistically.
- 2.Think critically to solve nursing problems.
- 3.Establish professional perspectives based on nursing ethics and autonomy.
- 4.Communicate with clients and personals effectively.
- 5.Exert leadership in health care setting.
- 6.Acquire nursing skill based on scientific nursing knowledge.
Change of health care environment
- 1.Change to the health promotion and prevention-focused
- 2.Strengthening of the community and primary care service delivery system.
- 3.Globalization of healthcare service
Demand of community
- 1.Demand of remote health care services due to limited medical resources
- 2.Promotion of health equity according to the increase of medical imbalance and the medical vulnerable group
- 3.Construction of community resource network and infra
- 1.Integrate a variety of knowledge and skills to provide holistic nursing care
- 2.Communicate and cooperate with interdisciplinary teams to improve clients' health condition
- 3.Critical thinking to solve nursing problems
- 4.Recognize legal and ethical responsibilities for nursing professional development
- 5.Develop nursing leadership to accomplish nursing goals
- 6.Conduct nursing research for scientific knowledge
- 7.Respond to changes in global health policies