[Notice] Q&A regarding mandatory submission of PCR (negative) COVID test
- Views 94
- Writer 글로벌협력센터
- 작성일 21.01.08
Q&A regarding mandatory submission of PCR (negative) COVID test
1. Is the “PCR negative confirmation certificate” permissible in a local language other than Korean or English?
ㅇ “PCR negative confirmation” which is issued in Korean or English can be accepted.
ㅇ However, in the case of a local language, a Korean or English notarized translated version must also accompany it.
2. What is the recognized scope of a “PCR negative confirmation certificate”?
ㅇ Only gene detection tests (Real-time Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction) tests can be accepted.
3. When should I get PCR COVID test?
ㅇ “PCR negative confirmation” should be issued within 72 hours from the departure date.
* (Example) If departing at 10:00 on January 10th; then, PCR negative confirmation is accepted only after 00:00 on Jan 7th 2021.
4. Country A → Country B → When arriving in Korea, which country should the test be issued from? Country A or country B?
ㅇ Issuance is required from country A when transferring without entering country B.
ㅇ In case of departure from country A and entering country B, issuance is required from country B before entering Korea.
5. Is there an obligation to submit a “PCR negative confirmation test certificate” even for foreigners who transfer from Korea to another country?
ㅇ For transit passengers (transfer passengers) who are not entering Korea, it is not necessary to submit a “PCR negative confirmation certificate”.
6. If the “PCR negative confirmation” is issued online such as by e-mail, how do I submit it and how are the test results recognized in Korea?
ㅇ Printed and submitted so that specific inspection results can be confirmed at the National Quarantine Service.
ㅇ The test result should include the name (spelt EXACTLY the same) as the spelling on the passport), the test name, the test result, and the date of issue.
7. What if I don't have the “PCR negative confirmation” when entering Korea?
ㅇ Foreigners are not allowed to enter Korea (internationally enforced)
ㅇ Koreans who enter Korea from the UK and South Africa are quarantined in temporary living facilities for two weeks, and the facility usage fee (1.68 million won per person) during the quarantine period must be paid by the individual.
8. Is only the “PCR negative confirmation” issued by the designated inspection agency in the country accepted?
ㅇ International arrivals from the Philippines, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh, and Nepal in which reinforced quarantine measures are in effect (as of January 7th) should submit a "PCR negative confirmation" issued by the designated inspection agencies (refer to the website of local Korean Embassies for further information).
ㅇ In case of other countries, a PCR negative confirmation by an inspection agency can be accepted regardless of being designated or not.