[Notice] Regular Semester: Online & Live (credit bearing) Media Audience and Effects by award winning Professor Michael Prieler
- Views 323
- Writer ISSO
- 작성일 21.06.02
Hallym would like to share some exciting news with you regarding a course offering for the fall 2021 semester here at Hallym.
As COVID continue to cause disruption to students’ learning around the world, Hallym like many other universities continues to evolve.
Professor Michael Prieler, Hallym Media School (2019 Hallym University Best Teacher) will offer his online and live class ‘Media Audiences and Effects’ to Hallym exchange partner students. This course is suitable for undergraduate level students.
Places on the course are limited to five (5) students per university (unless previously agreed). Up to 40 students in total.
His class will take place Tuesdays and Thursdays 10.30 -12:00 (Korean Time)
To convert this start time to local time, please click here.
The curriculum and assessment method for the class can be viewed here.
Upon acceptance onto the course all students will be granted a Hallym University student number and access to Hallym’s Smart LEAD Learning Management System.
Upon successful completion of the course, each individual student will be awarded a grade transcript, which will be emailed to home university coordinators for credit transfer (assuming prior approval has been granted by the home university).
The deadline for coordinators to nominate student for this course is Friday 9th July. Both the nominated students and coordinators will be given further guidance about the course on Monday 12th July, with subsequent student numbers and access information to Smart Lead to follow once each students place on the course is confirmed.
Coordinators, if you did not receive the email with nomination link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
Key information & class dates:
Total Course Hours: 45 hours of learning (3 credit course at Hallym)
Fee: Free for students of partner universities
Taught in: 100% English
- First day of class: 31st August
- Mid-term exam period: 18th-22nd October
- Final exam period: 9th-15th December
Student requirements after nomination from home university:
- - Complete Application form (Hallym will email to you).
- - GPA above 3.0 out of 4.5 (if the grading scale in your home university is different from ours, you are required to give us the converting criteria). A current grade transcript (in English) must be provided by email.
- - English ability: Enough to be nominated by the home university (criteria: TOEFL 510, CBT 197, iBT 71 / IELTS minimum overall score 5.5) – a language certificate is not required.
For more information, please speak to your home university exchange coordinator about this course.